Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spoken Musical Intros and Interludes…

This is something that I am surprised still exists in music. You know what I am talking about; the spoken words at the beginning of a song. Usually they begin with the word Baby or Girl and they confess their love before the song begins. It is prominent in boy bands and was a common occurance in the 90s. One group that stands out right now is the Backstreet Boys. I have heard it multiple times and have ad libbed my own intros to music that sounds the same.

Now days it is a little different with T.I. on his song Dead and Gone but I would rather just hear the music, especially while listening to the radio. This is why they make radio edits in the first place.

While I am speaking of modern music, can they please stop filling the album full of interludes. I want to see how many songs I am buying on the back of the CD; not get confused with the artistic segues between each song. If you have them, that's fine, just don't print them on the CD case. 15 tracks don't seem that impressive anymore when I get home and find out there are only 10 real songs…

No comments:

Post a Comment